Please note: This site is under development.
The Marin County Civil Grand Jury recently released its report on Domestic Violence in Marin County. Please read this important review, including history, findings, and recommendations for the Board of Supervisors, law enforcement, and the Domestic Violence Coordinating Council.
Click here: http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/GJ/main/cvgrjr/2009gj/domestic_viol.pdf
Welcome to Marin Domestic Violence Information.
Domestic violence (DV) is a serious problem in Marin County. In February, 2008, the Marin Independent Journal reported that "domestic violence is the most prevalent violent crime in the county and accounts for nearly a third of the violent crimes prosecuted in Marin."(1)
DV is also a growing problem in Marin. In 2002, the Marin County District Attorney's Office logged 299 domestic violence cases; by 2007, there were 400(2).
But DV can be ended, through a combination of:
- consistent enforcement of the law
- treatment for people identified as batterers
- services for those identified as victims, and
- community education and prevention programs.
This site is intended to help end DV in Marin County by providing basic information and resources in the Marin County community and elsewhere in California and the U.S. Please click on one of the links in the menu bar above or from the list below:
- Basic Information -- Definitions, Assessment, Treatment, Prevention
- Marin Resources -- For victims and people who have been or are at risk for being violent
- California Resources-- For victims
- U.S. Resources --
- Submit Information -- Tell us your suggestions for this website
If you have a suggestion about information or resources we could list on this site, please click here to submit your ideas. Thank you for helping to end DV in Marin County!